I'm back after a long hiatus that was filled with reading, studying, more studying, and midterms. I hate to say so, but I even broke one of my own fashion rules by showing up to class in sweatpants (gasp)!
This week I did have some time to experiment with some new makeup looks, and this combination was my favourite. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of what the look looked like on me, but I have some similar pictures and I'll list the details on the products I used.
Again, these are just random pictures I found on the Internet. The look consists of a golden bronze in the inner corner to about the middle of the eyelid, and then purple from the middle to the outer corner. I originally got the inspiration for this look from an old issue of Seventeen magazine (I don't remember exactly which issue).
Here's a list of products that I used:
Rimmel London eyeshadow quad in Romantic Cool
Prestige eyeshadow in Golden Retriever
Loreal One Sweep Eyeshadow in playful for brown eyes
Rimmel London soft kohl kajal eyeliner pencil in Purple Passion
Covergirl Lashblast Luxe Mascara (number 845)
Now for the look:
1. Mix the lightest shade (an off-white) in the Rimmel quad with the Prestige eyeshadow on a medium-sized eyeshadow brush and sweep it from the inner corner to about the middle of the lid. Do the same underneath the eye.
2. Line the lash line (middle to outer corner) with the purple eyeliner. You can also line the rest of the bottom lash line, but don't be too harsh. Don't line the water line, like the picture on the right. The look we're going for here is a subtle, everyday look.
3. Take a small smudging brush and cover it with the darkest purple shade in the Loreal trio and sweep it over the liner and up to the crease.
4. Take the small eyeshadow brush and blend any harsh lines (the gold should blend into the purple).
5. Curl your lashes and apply one to two coats of mascara.
6. Finish off the look with clear (or light pink) lip gloss.
I love this look for fall because it blends together two of my favourite colours to use on my lids. To switch it up you can put the gold all over your lid and the purple in the crease and line with black liner.
Stay stylish (even with your makeup!)