Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Ahead!

I've been back creating sets on Polyvore, so you know what that means...

This look combines the pastel trend with something I've been meaning to try- denim shirts. They look very comfortable and laid-back, but still stylish tucked into fitted skinny jeans. Paired with some gold jewellery, cute ballet flats, and your favourite sunglasses, this look is casual-chic. 



 For this look I came across a picture of Jessica Simpson and I really liked her outfit so I recreated it here. Again, it's another casual-chic outfit- a loose top tucked into jean shorts will keep you cool on those hot summer days (okay, it's not summer yet, but it's always good to dream...). A brown belt and sandals add a bohemian edge to this look.
You can tell what trend I had in mind when creating this set. Pastels come back every spring, and it's no surprise why. Banish the black, grey, and other dark colours that you lived in all winter and replace them with pastel pinks, purples, greens, blues, and yellows for a look that screams spring!
I touched on these colours in my last post, and since then they have gained popularity in the fashion world. Referred to as 'water colours,' these shades of turquoise, aqua, cobalt blue, and lilac not only go perfectly together, but also have an exotic feel to them, as if you just took a trip to the Caribbean. Make a splash in your wardrobe this spring break even if you're staying at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment