Sunday, January 19, 2014

Outfits of the Week #2

This past week was a little bit warmer, so I can show you my all-time go-to outfit of skinny jeans, a basic t-shirt, and a cardigan. This coming week is going to be much colder though, so I'll be breaking out my warm sweaters and fleece-lined leggings once again.
I only have a few outfits (my best ones of the week, haha) because this post would be a lot longer if I had photos from every day.



T-shirt: Target
Cardigan: Urban Behaviour
Tank top: Urban Behaviour
Jeans: American Eagle
Necklace: Garage

This is as basic as my outfit gets. When I have no idea whatsoever what to wear, I can always revert back to the jeans-tee-cardigan uniform. I have way too many plain t-shirts and cardigans to count, so the options are endless!

I also added this really pretty jewelled necklace to complete the outfit. I've been into necklaces lately, short, long, gold, silver, you name it. I remember buying this necklace ages ago- it came with another strand that had a key on it, and I didn't like that so I used tiny pliers to remove it (random side note...).







Top: Eddie Bauer (recent!)
Tank top: Garage
Jeans: American Eagle
Bracelet: gift

My next outfit isn't much different; I just substituted the cardigan for a long sleeved top. I got this top for Christmas and I absolutely love it- it's a waffle knit, so it's warmer than a regular shirt.
I got a close-up of the lace detailing on the top because it's so pretty! I love lace, as you probably already know. I usually find that thermal tops can look a little pyjama-y, but the lace definitely moves this top out of that zone!

Top: Eclipse (recent!)
Tank Top: Urban Behaviour
Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger
Bracelet: Forever 21 (recent!)

This next outfit is a little bit different than what I would normally wear, but my New Year's Resolutions included wanting to wear more patterns, so that's where this top comes in! I also like to dress up more than usual when I go to teach flute. I'm not a big fan of stripes, but the diagonal ones on this top are much more flattering than plain horizontal.

I have to do a little rant about these jeans though. I thought they were pretty nice the first few times I wore them (I got them in the summer), but now I find them really baggy, but still hard to take off (skinny jeans problems right here...). And then I looked at the tag- they are 99% cotton. So my advice: always buy jeans with a bit of spandex- it makes a difference!

And once again, I had to make the outfit girly with pearls. I was surprised at the quality of this bracelet, considering it was $6.50- it came in a set with two others.

So those are some of the outfits I wore this week! I have so many more ideas for posts, so until my next one, stay stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment