Saturday, January 11, 2014

Outfits of the Week, New Year's Resolutions, and Pinterest

This post just explains a multitude of things, I don't really know how to describe it! :P

First of all, I am now on Pinterest! I have no idea how exactly it works, but I'm pinning things and creating different boards-
http://www.pinterest.com/maria0157/

Next, my New Year's Resolutions. I found a sort of template I guess you could call it, on Lauren Conrad's website: http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/2014-my-new-years-resolutions-lauren-conrad-goals
A bad habit I'm going to break: putting myself down over everything
A destination I'd like to visit: New York
I'm going to work harder at: being positive
A project I'd like to finish: knitting (well, I'd have to start that project first...)
A class I'd like to take: some sort of fitness class with a lot of cardio would be fun
I'd like to spend more time doing: my blog, playing my flute
A food I want to eat more of: any ideas????
I want to wear more: patterns
I think the hardest thing for me will be to stop putting myself down over things; I tend to do that the most with school and when I teach flute. But it's a new year,so hopefully I will figure out how to make the best of everything :)

Here is my first try at photographing some of my outfits. This past week was really cold, so I had to dress in layers and wear some of my new sweaters to keep warm. Also, the fleece-lined leggings that I recently purchased were such a good buy! They work really well under jeans for an extra layer of warmth. I got mine from Fairweather, but I'm pretty sure stores like Urban Behaviour or Urban Planet would have them as well.















Sweater: Eclipse
Jeans: American Eagle
Necklace: Forever 21
I don't know how long I've had that necklace, but I've never really put an effort into styling it. I had seen a lot of outfits that featured a chunky sweater with a statement necklace, so I was excited to try it out and I was pleased with the outcome :)















Olive shirt: American Eagle
Plaid shirt: Urban Planet
Tank top: Forever 21
Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger
Necklace: Forever 21 (recent!)
This outfit definitely shows how I like to layer. I don't wear plaid that often, but when I do I like to dress it casually, unbuttoned, sleeves rolled up, with some jeans and a long necklace. I call this outfit my "street style look." :P If only it was warm enough to wear a leather jacket on top!

Until my next post, stay stylish!

2 comments:

  1. Love that necklace in the first outfit! Forever 21 has the cutest jewelry sometimes.
    memandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete